Thank you to all the local climbers who entered in our #WhyIClimb competition hosted on Instagram!
We read each and every post and it was great to see so many beautiful pictures and moving stories. Thank you again for sharing these moments with us. Below are our finalists and winners of the competition.
...When I climb, I set a goal to try to achieve it. I am constantly failing and that is okay. If that happens, brush yourself off and keep at it. I become a better person – and that is why I climb.
...It wasn't the hardest send that weekend, it wasn't even the smoothest send, but it was the best send, because we were all there behind him for every futile failed attempt and we were all there with him when gravity excused itself for a moment and he flew from pocket to crimp to next impossible crimp. I am a climber for just these very moments, I am a photographer so I might not forget.
...I climb for me and people like me. People who might be too afraid to get on the wall because they don't feel like they're good enough. People who struggle every day with mental illness, who are looking for a safe space to go. I want people to know that you can do anything you put your mind to. That's #whyiclimb
HOW TO ENTER
1. Follow us (@climbing_anchors) on Instagram
2. Post a photo & tell us a story about what inspires you to climb?
3. Tag @climbing_anchors & hashtag #WhyIClimb to enter.
Climbing Anchors will announce our three favourite submissions on June 1, 2021 to be showcased on our website and socials. You may enter as many times as you like.
Entries open from 10AM (AEST) May 7, 2021 and close 5PM (AEST) May 27, 2021. Winners announced June 1, 2021.
1st Prize: $500 Climbing Anchors Voucher
2nd Prize: $250 Climbing Anchors Voucher
3rd Prize: $100 Climbing Anchors Voucher
*We will contact winners through Instagram. Winners need to respond within 2 weeks to claim their prize. If you do not respond, the prize will be given to the next runner up (T&Cs below).
You can submit as many times as you like during the competition period (10am May 7 - 5pm May 27, 2021). Please ensure that your submissions follow the entry requirements.
No, you do not need to be the subject of your photo submission. As long as you can tell us “why you climb” in your entry, supported with a relevant photo to the story.
No, you don’t need to be the one who took the photo. However, all photos submitted must be original works. If you are the subject of the photo and the photo was taken by a friend, person or entity, you must obtain consent from them to use the photo in your submission and give credits for where it is due. The photo must not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral rights, intellectual rights, or rights of privacy of any entity or person.
No, the content does not need to be outdoors. However, we would prefer it to be locally focused in Australia.
We will contact you via your Instagram account using the account @climbing_anchors. If you are unsure, you can check back on this website page where we'll announce the winners from June 2021.
We understand the importance of image copyright. As such, the copyright of photographs always and unconditionally remains the property of the photographer and imagery is never sold to third parties. We may use imagery to advertise Climbing Anchors, showcase finalists and feature photography through our website and social media channels. A credit will always be front and centre whenever an image is used. We always ask permission before imagery is used for anything other than to promote the entrants position within the competition or the competition itself.
- Information on how to enter and on prizes form part of the terms and conditions. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The promoter is Climbing Anchors Pty Ltd (ABN 14 604 546 590, PH 1300 421 585)
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any other reference to this competition, these terms and conditions prevail.
WHO CAN ENTER
- Entry is open to all Australian residents and those currently residing in Australia.
- There is no age limit on entering the competition. For participants under 18 years of age a parent or guardian consent is required. The consenting guardian is then bound by these terms and conditions.
- Employees and their immediate families of Climbing Anchors Pty Ltd and their agencies and companies associated with the promotion are ineligible to enter the competition.
WHEN TO ENTER
- The competition commences at 10:00 AM (AEST) on Friday 7 May 2021 and closes at 5:00 PM (AEST) on Thursday 27 May 2021.
HOW TO ENTER
- Entrants must follow the instructions provided online at www.climbinganchors.com.au/why-i-climb. In the case of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and the instructions, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
- To enter the competition, entrants must:
- Follow us (@climbing_anchors) on Instagram
- Take and edit your photo
- Upload the photo to Instagram with the tags @climbing_anchors and #WhyIClimb (Instagram privacy settings must be set to ‘public’ for us to retrieve your photo).
- Include a story about what inspires you to climb (yes, we will read all entries!).
- The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid. The promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunctions of computer, online or wireless systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software or other problems resulting from participation or sending or receiving any communication or materials associated with this competition.
- Unlimited submissions per person is permitted for the competition.
- Only entries submitted via Instagram and which are appropriately tagged and hashtagged will be accepted.
- Photographs submitted must be original works. If you are the subject of the photograph, taken by a friend, another person or entity, you must obtain consent from that person or entity to use the photograph in your submission. The photo must not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral rights, intellectual rights, or rights of privacy of any entity or person.
- Entries must be received by 5:00 PM (AEST) Thursday 27 May 2021. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- The promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or promoter. The promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
FINALISTS, JUDGING & NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS
- Judging will take place between 28 May 2021 through to 31 May 2021 (AEST) at Climbing Anchors Pty Ltd.
- The competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the selection of the winners. Submissions will be judged by allocating each entry a points total according to the following criteria:
- The relevance to the theme in question, as decided by our judges (1-10 points)
- Quality of the photo, as decided by our judges (1-10 points)
- Quality of the story, as decided by our judges (1-10 points)
- This creates a maximum of 30 points per judge for each image.
- The top 10 highest scoring entries will be deliberated and discussed further by a judging committee in Climbing Anchors to determine three winners.
- If any of the shortlisted images are found to be in breach of these terms and conditions, they will be immediately eliminated.
- There will be no correspondence between entrants and judges throughout this process. In the event of a tie, the entrant whose submission received the high score for “quality photo”, as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the applicable winner from among the tied entrants. The promoter will not disclose judging scores.
- The Judging committee’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified through their instagram account and announced on 1 June 2021 through our website, newsletter and social media.
- Prizes are as follows:
- Grand prize is a $500 Climbing Anchors Voucher
- Second prize winner is a $250 Climbing Anchors Voucher
- Third prize winner is a $100 Climbing Anchors Voucher
- Total prize pool is valued at $850.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner’s nominated email address or picked up at our retail store locations.
- The promoter will not be responsible for any ongoing costs associated with winning or delivery of the prizes unless specifically stated in these terms and conditions.
- If the winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to their parent or legal guardian.
USE OF IMAGES
- All images published on Instagram with #WhyIClimb may be moderated and displayed on the website and social media channels of Climbing Anchors Pty Ltd and its associated partners. These images and associated usernames will be public to all.
- All copyright in the photograph entries remains with the photographer / entrant. The promoter asserts no claims to the rights of any image entered into the competition.
- If the promoter uses any images through website or social media channels the photographer / entrant will be credited. Entrants consent to the use of their images in this way. At any time, if an entrant decides they do not want their image used, the promoter will oblige.
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to protect their work from infringement by third parties by entering, at a minimum, metadata into the image. The Promoter will not be liable for any third party misuse of images.
SOCIAL MEDIA INVOLVEMENT
- Participation in this competition assumes the acceptance of the Instagram terms and conditions, found at http://instagram.com/legal/terms/
- Use of Personal Information:
- By entering the competition and accepting the terms and conditions, you agree that Climbing Anchors Pty Ltd may use your personal details for the purpose of conducting this competition, including the use of your Instagram name in promotional formats.
- By entering the competition, you give the Climbing Anchors Pty Ltd permission to contact you via Instagram if you are a winner of the competition for the purpose of distributing your prize to you.
- The promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity and proof of residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the promoter. If you wish not to provide your personal details, you may request for the prize to be picked-up at one of our retail locations within 90 days.
- Please be aware that Climbing Anchors Pty Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of external platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Vimeo) and users should familiarise themselves with each platform’s conditions prior to contributing in these spaces.
- Climbing Anchors Pty Ltd reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely accept in the prize.
- The promoter shall endeavour to contact the winners via their Instagram account within one (1) week. In the event that the winner/s cannot be contacted after two (2) weeks, an alternate winner/s will be selected and the original winner/s will forfeit any prize. The unclaimed prize judging will take place on Thursday 1 July 2021 at 2PM (AEST) at Climbing Anchors Pty Ltd.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (‘Non-Excludable Guarantees’).
- The promoter is not responsible for and should not be liable for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whatsoever; whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, which is suffered or sustained in connection with any entrant’s participation in the competition or their acceptance and use of the prize/s, including:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- or any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant.