Work With Us
We are climbers, we support climbers and we employ climbers. Climbing Anchors is the best place in the world to work, we think so anyway.
To work at Climbing Anchors, you've gotta have a sense of humour and an enthusiastic attitude. Knowledge of climbing, equipment, and the outdoors in general is essential.
Casual Retail Sales Assistant
We are seeking someone to cover a varied role within the retail and online environment. Climbing Anchors employees have a fun, positive and enthusiastic attitude in life, and in assisting our customers with sales and product information. We deliver exceptional customer service and go the extra move to make our customers happy. If our customers are happy, we are happy. Everyone wins!
This will be an evolving role as the retail store develops but essentially it is a retail role with additional online and webstore duties. A significant part of the role will be prioritising the picking and packing of orders to get delivered to climbers all across Australia.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Delivering the best customer experience possible including timely dispatch of customer orders, customer returns and enquiries online, over the phone and in person,
- Opening and closing the shop,
- Promoting and encouraging climbing to new climbers,
- Picking and packing online orders,
- Participation in online and social media marketing,
- Representing Climbing Anchors at event we sponsor,
- Talking about climbing and gear all day.
- Talking to customers in store
- The role may have shifts in both Alexandria and Lane Cove stores.
You should probably have some of these qualities:
- Be psyched on all aspects of climbing including knowledge of gear and how to use it,
- Super strong focus on giving amazing customer service,
- Confidence in talking to customer in a retail setting,
- Ability to use point computers,
- Flexible availabilities. The role entails 20-38 hours per week, including weekends,
- Ability to learn and retain knowledge on climbing gear and equipment as well as store policies.
Things we can offer you:
- A fun and flexible place to work,
- Staff pricing on gear,
- Learning opportunities,
If you think this is position is for you, please apply in writing to email@example.com and include relevant information about yourself including a recent resume.
There are no further positions available at the moment but if you would like to send through your information to be considered when a position pops us email us here: firstname.lastname@example.org