We're introducing our first low sensory night to Climbing Anchors stores in Alexandria, New South Wales and Fitzroy, Victoria.
On April 28, between 6-7pm we're turning down the lights, turning off the music and pulling out the bean bags. Everyone is welcome to this after hours event but we ask if you could please be mindful during this time.
Staff will be there to accommodate your needs and show you around the store. To help with shopping, this webpage includes a layout of our store and the location of where you can find equipment. If there is anything specific you would like to request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 421 585.
Date: Thursday 28 April 2022
Time: 6 - 7 pm
Location: Alexandria and Fitzroy stores only. Additional store information below. Not available at mini-store locations.
Address: Shop 6-8, 40-42 O'Riordan street, Alexandria, New South Wales
Contact: email@example.com or 02 9051 2425
Accessibility: Building, store and bathroom is wheelchair accessible from the garage entrance located on O'Riordan street.
(image description: green text reads 'Alexandria shop 8 40-42 O'Riordan Street' it is on a white background. The store image shows two rooms, shaped like a upper case letter L in reverse.)
Alexandria store layout:
- The entrance to the main room of the store is accessed via a sliding door from Collins street. A double door wheelchair accessible entrance to the building can be accessed from the carpark or footpath located on O'Riordan street.
- Upon entry from Collins street, the shop counter is located on your right. From the entrance on the left wall, find hangboards, training and recovery gear, trad gear, carabiners, quickdraws, belay devices, descenders, and slings furthest from the door.
- Parallel to the left wall are free standing shelves with chalk, chalk bags, chalk brushes, slacklines, kids climbing gear.
- In the centre of the room, there are more free standing shelves with harnesses, helmets, approach shoes.
- The right side of the main room is the shoe wall with benches and test climbing walls located at the centre of the wall and at the entrance to the second room.
- Entering the second room, you will find clothing, a change room, ropes, bags, and industrial equipment. The chill out space is located at the back of the second room.
Address: Shop 7, 397 Smith steet, Fitzroy, Victoria
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 8592 0115
Accessibility: Roped climbing shoe testing wall. Optional access via a ramped corridor leading to the store entrance with a corridoor width of 98cm at the narrowest point.
(image description: green text reads ‘Fitzroy shop 7/397 Smith street’ it is on a white background. The store image shows one large room, shaped as a long rectangle.)
Fitzroy store layout:
- On left side of the rectangle, you can enter the room through double door from smith st. As you enter you will first encounter a covid sign in desk. The shop counter is to the right upon entry. While on your the left is the chill out space with couches.
- On the left wall of the room you will find sections of equipment in the following order: books, clothing, training, change rooms, hangboards, climbing holds, harnesses, harness testing, hardware, trad gear, and industrial equipment at the end of the room. The back wall has bags and rope.
- Starting from the entrance along the right side of the room you will find ice climbing equipment, shop counter, chalk and chalk bags, climbing shoes, climbing shoe mini wall for testing, and approach shoes.
- From the entrance, the middle of the room you will find free standing gondolas with clothing, skincare and training accessories, kids equipment, climbing accessories, slings, helmets, and slacklines.
Hope to see you there!
Climbing Anchors Team