The must-have package for beginners. The Smarter pack ensures additional safety for the Smart 2.0 belay device and locks to prevent falls even in the event of incorrect use (belaying hand held above the belay device). The Safety Gate prevents the Smart HMS from twisting in the climbing harness' belay loop.
- Smart 2.0 - colour phantom
- Smarter - colour phantom
- Smart HMS carabiner - colour ultramarine
Intuitive belay device with reliable blocking of the climbing rope. The first generation of the Smart belay device was successfully launched in 2009. Built on the experience the new Smart 2.0 offers significantly improved braking effectiveness as well as optimized geometry and intuitive handling. The newly developed brake insert blocks the rope in the event of a fall. The belaying action of the Smart 2.0 is the same as the previous model and is therefore tailored to the belayer's reflex movements.
- The lightweight 80 grams Smart 2.0 is easy to operate and has no moving parts or levers.
- As it operates according to the tube principle, the Smart 2.0 is therefore suitable for both lead climbing and top rope climbing.
- In the event of a fall, the Smart 2.0 blocks the climbing rope, with the newly developed high-performance brake insert interacting with the belay carabiner. It therefore offers the belayer optimal support and significantly improved safety.
- Mammut recommends use of the Smart HMS for the Smart 2.0. It is suitable for rope diameters from 8.7 to 10.5 mm.
Add-on for the Smart 2.0 belay device to prevent the consequences of beginner’s errors. The innovative add-on for the Smart 2.0 increases safety even in the event of misuse by the belayer. The Smarter is simply attached to the Smart 2.0 and, in the event of a fall, it triggers the blocking of the rope even if the brake rope is incorrectly held above the Smart 2.0. It comes into effect only in the event of misuse and has no adverse effect on normal rope handling.
- The main area of application for the Smarter is beginners and children, i.e. situations requiring greater safety. It can be easily removed if required and attached via the integrated loop on the climbing harness.
Smart HMS Carabiner
HMS carabiner with safety gate to prevent accidental cross-loading. The Smart HMS is all about safety and easy handling. The screw gate can be operated only when the safety gate is open. This prevents accidental opening as well as unintentional twisting of the carabiner in the belay loop of the climbing harness, ruling out the risk of dangerous cross-loading of the carabiner. Mammut recommends use of the Smart HMS for the Smart 2.0.
- Vertical breaking load 24 kN
- Horizontal breaking load 12 kN
- Open breaking load 7 kN