The perfect combination for maximum safety: The Smart 2.0 reliably blocks the climbing rope in case of a fall, while the safety gate prevents the Smart HMS from twisting in the belay loop of the climbing harness.
- Smart 2.0 - colour phantom
- Smart HMS carabiner - colour phantom
Intuitive belay device with reliable blocking of the climbing rope. The first generation of the Smart belay device was successfully launched in 2009. Built on the experience the new Smart 2.0 offers significantly improved braking effectiveness as well as optimized geometry and intuitive handling. The newly developed brake insert blocks the rope in the event of a fall. The belaying action of the Smart 2.0 is the same as the previous model and is therefore tailored to the belayer's reflex movements.
- The lightweight 80 grams Smart 2.0 is easy to operate and has no moving parts or levers.
- As it operates according to the tube principle, the Smart 2.0 is therefore suitable for both lead climbing and top rope climbing.
- In the event of a fall, the Smart 2.0 blocks the climbing rope, with the newly developed high-performance brake insert interacting with the belay carabiner. It therefore offers the belayer optimal support and significantly improved safety.
- Mammut recommends use of the Smart HMS for the Smart 2.0. It is suitable for rope diameters from 8.7 to 10.5 mm.
Smart HMS Carabiner
HMS carabiner with safety gate to prevent accidental cross-loading. The Smart HMS is all about safety and easy handling. The screw gate can be operated only when the safety gate is open. This prevents accidental opening as well as unintentional twisting of the carabiner in the belay loop of the climbing harness, ruling out the risk of dangerous cross-loading of the carabiner. Mammut recommends use of the Smart HMS for the Smart 2.0.
- Vertical breaking load 24 kN
- Horizontal breaking load 12 kN
- Open breaking load 7 kN