No returns on Safety Gear
Why not? Read our returns policy.
The WILLIAM asymmetrical large capacity aluminium carabiner has a pear shape that is practical for easily connecting multiple items. Its fluid interior design and Keylock system facilitate manipulations. The WILLIAM carabiner is available in three locking systems: SCREW-LOCK manual system or TRIACT-LOCK and BALL-LOCK automatic systems.
- Pear shape offers a large capacity and wide opening:
- facilitates connection of multiple items
- allows a Munter hitch to be easily created in case of retreat
- Facilitates manipulations:
- fluid interior design limits the risk of having a catch point and facilitates rotation of the carabiner
- Keylock system to avoid any involuntary snagging of the carabiner
- H profile:
- ensures an improved strength-to-weight ratio
- protects markings from abrasion
- Available in three different locking systems:
- SCREW-LOCK: the manual screw-lock with red band provides a visual warning when the carabiner is unlocked
- TRIACT-LOCK: automatic locking with triple-action gate opening
- BALL-LOCK: automatic locking with triple-action gate opening, with lock indicator
- Material(s): aluminum
- Certification(s): CE EN 362, EAC, NFPA 1983 Technical Use
|Certification||EN 362, EAC, NFPA 1983 Technical Use|
|Major Axis (kN)||27|
|Minor Axis (kN)||8|
|Open Gate (kN)||8|
|Gate Opening (mm)||27|
Rated 5 out of 5 stars. (1 customer reviews)
What do you think of this product?
Share your thoughts with other customers.
Massive18 November 2016This thing is huge! Like most of petzl's biners, it is beautiful and well made. The gate is very solid, and opens and closes easily with no play. The triact lock takes some getting used to, particularly to operate one-handed, but it's possible. The weight isn't too bad given its massive size. If you want a BIG locker for belaying, using a munter, or making master points, then this one is a good choice.