The SPARROW is an innovative self-braking descender for rope access work, the results of an intensive R&D work. The Sparrow is a leading product in CT’s range of PPE.
Field of application:
- Rope adjustment device certified to EN 12841:2006-C
- Rescue descender certified to EN 341:2011-2A
- To be used only with static and semi static ropes certified to EN 1891 type A - 10.5 ÷ 11mm.
Well trained expert operators, in case of emergency interventions, can use the sparrow for rescue purposes, for ascending the rope and for hauling.
- The sparrow is equipped with a spring operated built-in braking slot (A) in which you can run through the rope for generating more friction and have a better control over the speed, without the inconvenience of being compelled to use an additional connector.
- Multi-functional control handle (C) equipped with the automatic return system that limits risks in case of an involuntary action by the user. The control handle allows : unblock the rope and control the descent with the hand on the free end of the rope, to get into position without having to tie off the device, to place it in a storage position to avoid the risk of snagging when use the descender attached to the harness.
- The sparrow is also equipped with a safety decelerating system EBS (Extraordinary braking system) that activates decreasing the descending speed when the control lever is accidentally pulled strongly downwards.
- The safety gate (B) on the moving side plate helps prevent dropping the device and facilitates installation of the rope when passing intermediate anchors.